Need to sell, but lack the equity? A short sale may be the solution!
A short sale the process by which your home is sold for less than is owed on the mortgage(s) to the property. Here at Reid Real Estate Group, we specialize in short sales in CT! We provide a full service solution, from listing your home to getting your short sale approved and closed! Nearly 100% of the time, there are no out of pocket costs to the seller. A successful short sale allows for forgiveness of the remaining mortgage debt, and some sellers even receive relocation assistance.
Is a short sale right for you?
- Do you owe more than your home is worth and need to sell?
- Are you falling behind on your mortgage payments and/or facing foreclosure?
- Have you been denied or failed a loan modification?
- Is your forbearance over, but you lack the funds to get back on track?
- Are you considering walking away but wish to avoid the repercussions of a foreclosure and deficiency judgment?
- Are you facing a current or future financial hardship such as divorce, retirement, layoff, employment relocation.
- Do you need to sell your Connecticut home, but owe more than the home could sell for?
- Are you facing a financial hardship (divorce, medical issues, retirement, unemployment, relocation, etc.)
- Are you having trouble making your mortgage payments or facing Connecticut foreclosure?
- Have you already considered a loan modification and decided against one?
- Are you considering just walking away but wish to avoid the consequences?
- Would you like to avoid a public auction, deficiency judgment and the credit ramifications associated with foreclosure?
If these describe your situation, a short sale may be an option for you.
We get Connecticut short sales approved and have helped hundreds of local CT sellers walk away from their upside down homes debt-free. Short sales are complex and require expert help. Reid Real Estate Group specializes in short sales and has been CT's #1 short sale team since 2010!
I recently sold my house, with the tireless assistance from Minna Reid. It was an unusual voyage and there were many obstacles along the road, lined with senseless banking and government officials, and a minutia of regulations. Minna guided us through the storm and navigated us successfully to safety. Very knowledgeable and capable individual. I highly recommend that anyone considering a short sale, speak to Minna first.
Whatever words I use in this review won't do Minna justice. She did an absolutely phenomenal job as our agent and shepherded us through the tricky ins and outs of a short sale. Finding a buyer wasn't too hard, but the process with our mortgage lenders was. These transactions are not for the faint of heart, but I always knew we were in good hands.
Probably the most important quality for a real estate professional in my opinion is accessibility. Minna always answered our emails, texts and calls. I tried not to abuse the privilege by bombarding her, but even during non-working hours, she was always patient. Kind of related to accessibility is flexibility, and she came to our home late in the evening to accommodate my schedule & my wife's schedule as well.
Two other qualities I value highly are integrity and accountability. Towards the end of our odyssey, there was a misunderstanding between us and the seller about an appliance. I emailed Minna about it, and chatted with our Attorney as well. As it turned out, the mistake was essentially mine yet Minna still offered to chip in if it ended up costing us anything. She did not have to do that, and could have easily shrugged her shoulders and put the ball in my court. That gesture spoke volumes to me about the kind of person and professional she is. As it turned out, our attorney who Minna referred to us did an equally phenomenal job and it didn't end up being an issue. The thing to take from this is you can completely put your trust in Minna.
In closing, she did something I didn't think was possible. We had to relocate for family reasons, and we were substantially underwater. I didn't think there was any way it would happen for us, but she never gave up. When the banks hemmed or hawed, she kept after them. When one of the lenders issued an initial denial, she demanded an explanation and reopened our submission. In the end, both lenders accepted short payoffs and our family was able to make that move. In my profession, I deal with many real estate agents and sadly, I see many who quite literally "mail it in", and sometimes for astronomical commissions. Minna worked harder than any other real estate agent I've ever seen. I strongly recommend her as a real estate agent, especially if you are considering a short sale.